Saturday, December 29, 2012

Book Review: My Teenage Dream Ended

Okay, so I'm one of those 20-somethings who has a slight obsession with MTV's shows 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom. Maybe they make me feel better. Maybe they're just highly entertaining. But either way, I watch them. Guilty as charged. So naturally, when I found out Farrah Abraham was writing a book, I was ecstatic! Finally, viewers get a glimpse inside her head instead of just what happens on TV! Her book is titled My Teenage Dream Ended, and it was fun to read but also a mess.


When I say this book is a mess, I'm referring to the spelling and grammatical errors that were present throughout the entire thing. She had an editor, so I'm not sure why so much slipped through, but those errors certainly made reading a bit challenging at times. 

The content of the book, however, was very fun to read. This is not a tough red, by any means. Readers are able to get a glimpse into Farrah's relationship with her daughter's father, who passed away while she was pregnant. We are also able to see more how Farrah interacts with Sophia on a daily basis and what fueled Farrah's dramatic relationship with her mother. I read this book just before the final season of Teen Mom aired (nicely done, MTV), and it was really neat getting the background information and then watching. The book made me feel for Farrah; she's not just a crazy lady after all. 

I would recommend this book if you like the shows on MTV or if you're just curious. Otherwise, this probably isn't the best choice for you. It sure did help with varying the types of books I read this year, though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment