Sunday, December 2, 2012

Saturday Catch-Up

Saturday was December 1st. It was 65 degrees outside. In Colorado. Go figure...

Dan and I slept in; we obviously both needed it. We ran some errands, picked up some things at stores we had ordered from, ate a delicious Indian lunch, and then drove to Denver to hang out with Megan. She had a couple hour layover at the airport, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see her! That was a lot of fun. When she left to catch her next flight, Dan and I headed to Mike and Ellen's church to see the Messiah concert with them.

It was interesting, and I couldn't understand the words the singers were saying (it was opera style), but I'm still glad we went. I love hanging out with them. When the concert was over, we went over to their house (they are his sponsor parents) for refreshments. While we ate veggie pizza and eclairs and drank hot mulled wine, we had one of the best conversations I have had in a long time. It was such an enjoyable night, and Dan and I are so blessed to have them in our lives. They are excellent role models and really are the epitome of how to make a marriage work. I'm so happy we have gotten to know them over the past few years.

Saturday passed quickly, but it was a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment