Thursday, August 16, 2012

Another Great Day

Today was another great day with the kiddos! I am seriously so excited about this year. What a perfect environment for me. I showed a video about a NASA astronaut (thanks for sending it to me, Dan!) who applied for 12 years without giving up in his pursuit to chase his dreams, and he finally made it! The kids enjoyed watching it, and then we set goals together for the year and beyond. IT's the seemingly little things that have a great impact...

I knew Dan was coming over this evening for dinner because we had both been so busy all week and had even canceled plans for Wednesday night, so I finished ALL of my lesson plans and whatnot before I left work. I met him back at my house, and we grilled for dinner and ate outside in the COOL air. It was wonderful. When we came back inside, we laid down on the couch to watch some TV, and we ended up falling asleep... oops! I guess we were both completely wiped out, and it's a good thing I woke up when Idid so he would be back on time!

Tomorrow is FRIDAY, and I'm so ready for the weekend... not to get away from work (like I would always wish for last year), but simply to REST on Saturday. I need some time to just chill out now that I'm getting back in the swing of things, and sleeping in past 5:50 will be much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment