Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Getting Ready

I have two more days of summer vacation left, and I can't believe the summer flew by so quickly. I report to work on Friday at 7:30am. I'm excited for the year ahead, but I am not looking forward to waking up so early every day.

Today, I watched an old friend (Maurice Mitchell) run in the 200m in the Olympic Games! That was so cool and pretty surreal. He won his heat and will be running in the semifinals tomorrow, and I can't wait to watch!

I spent all afternoon gathering supplies and putting together a big gift to celebrate Dan's Commitment Dinner at the Air Force Academy tomorrow evening. I will write more about it tomorrow and include pictures of the gift I made for him. It was simple but fun, and he loved getting it tonight!

Dan came over after flying all day, and we spent a little time working in the garden and then grilled out for dinner. It was fun just relaxing with him, and we ended the night by indulging in some pecan ice cream while watching beach volleyball. I wish I could have him here every night, but one day... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment