Friday, August 3, 2012

Just an Update

Today was my last day of New Staff Institute -- aka teaching summer school for my new district. I'm glad it's over. It went well, and it wasn't too bad, but I still firmly believe that July is for sleeping in.

Next Friday (a week from today) is my first official day to report at my building for the year, and I'm very excited to start working with my team and getting things ready for school. The first day of school is only 12 days away, eek!

Next weekend is the Color Run (a 5K race where paint is thrown on you as you run), and I am SO excited! I've been looking forward to it since April. :)

Dan got home from England last night, and it was nice cuddling with him on the couch, eating Chinese take-out, and watching gymnastics in the Olympics! It's so nice to have him back here, and although his classes start next week, it's nice to know that we will soon start our "school-year" routine, which I MUCH prefer to our summer lack-of-all-routines. After all, I am a creature of habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment