Sunday, January 15, 2012

End of Weekend

Sunday, Sunday... how I deplore your evenings. It seems like every Sunday night is the worst time for me. I absolutely dread thinking about the weekend coming to an end. It's not quite over, but it is well on its way. This week, at least, I didn't have to take Dan back to the Academy just yet. Yes, he gets tomorrow off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I don't. Go figure. While I am working away, he will be driving down to Pueblo also, but only to have lunch with a friend who is going through IFS there. Luckily, after his lunch, he will be coming to my classroom (finally!), so I am excited about that. I just wish he could have taken the whole day to come in and talk to my kiddos, but it's my fault for having so much to get done this week. Oops.

Today, Dan and I cleaned my apartment and organized some cabinets. We only have one major one to go, but that will have to wait. We had one of Dan's friends from the Army Guard (and his wife) over for dinner, and it was delicious and good to catch up with them. It had been a while since we got together, and it was great talking about teaching with them. He actually made me feel a little better about my situation, as he teaches in Pueblo as well. It's not me. It really is the kids. I am going to try to make as much of a difference this year as I possibly can, but with all of the budget cuts and school closures, I am not anticipating working there next year... which means more applications and interviews. Ugh. I am so sick of them. I wish I could just find a job and keep it like everyone in Missouri. But I am happy to be in Colorado and have no regrets about moving out here; I just wish I could find a job that made me happy and didn't cut me out with the budget. Maybe next time. (And nothing is for sure right now, either... I just don't foresee it.)

Well, I will leave you with an amazing quote from an amazing man, and I'll write more about the quotation tomorrow.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment