Sunday, January 1, 2012

Introduction: About This Blog (and other things)

Well, it is 2012, and that begins my journey to write every single day. With that said, I originally had planned on penning 500 words a day. However, I don't want to set myself up for failure, so my goal for the year is to simply write SOMETHING every single day. I will try my hardest to post what I write on this blog. If something prevents me from doing so, I will try to make it up at a later date. If I don't make it, nothing horrific will happen. It is simply a goal for myself, as I feel it is important to document life.

The beginning of the year for me had its ups and downs since the day was great, but I am still sick with an awful head/sinus cold (possibly infection). If what people say is true about the new year... that how the first day goes lets you know how the entire year will go... then I guess I am happy! :) Today, Dan and I went to see the Chiefs (love!) play the Broncos in Denver. We scored great tickets near the 50 yard line, and we only paid $50 for each ticket (well below face value)! I went in with low expectations, but the Kansas City Chiefs actually ended up pulling it off. They won 7-3, which made for a VERY happy Janelle. Dan was excited to see an NFL game, and I was excited to see my first AWAY game, since I practically grew up inside Arrowhead Stadium in KC.

After the game, we found a diner in South Denver (which was filled with red and yellow jerseys, by the way!) and had some awesome cheese fries and Butterfinger / fudge brownie malts. We also got our engagement pictures back from Hannah this weekend and will be posting them on Facebook this week -- so exciting! They turned out great, and I cannot wait to share them with everyone. I will try to post a few here, too, or at least share a link.

Well, it's getting late, and my post if probably boring to 99.9% of readers (if I even have any, ha!) so I am going to go to bed and try to enjoy the last couple of days before I head back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment