Sunday, January 22, 2012

Food, Food, Food

Sundays are always good days because I get to spend them with Dan. We sleep in, sometimes make it to church (and sometimes we don't)... they're laid-back in the mornings while we wake up. This morning, Dan decided to make homemade coffee cake, and boy oh boy it is delicious! I'll see if I can find the recipe he used later. We ate that while we sipped vanilla bean coffee and planned out our day. Fabulous. :)

We tried a really good barbecue place that we found a deal for on LivingSocial. Dan loved the ribs and brisket, and even though I don't eat meat, it smelled divine. They had the best potato salad and coleslaw, and we picked up some macaroni and cheese to go with it. BBQ in Colorado is not the best, so it was nice to find this little hole-in-the-wall establishment.

The cats are lounging around, and Dan and I are going to make beer-cheese soup for dinner. We've both been wanting it for a while but haven't gotten around to making it yet. We're heading out to the store now to pick up some ingredients. I will definitely post the recipe for the soup, and I'll try to take some pictures of it as well.

Tomorrow starts a new work week, but at least I have a teacher work-day tomorrow. I will have eight uninterrupted hours to get things done in my classroom, and I can't wait to get organized.

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment