Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A New Week

Well, it's already Tuesday evening, and I don't have students on Friday, which means that my work week is already half way over. Sort of. I do have to work on Friday, but it is a teacher work day, and I have a to-do list that I will be cracking away at diligently.

My gym time is still going smooth, and I am so excited to feel better again. I'm mad that I stopped running after high school. That is the worst decision a person could make. But I am fixing that decision now, and it is taking LOTS of hard work. Running a couple 5Ks a year doesn't cut it... because in all reality, I can run a 5K without training. So what do I do? I don't train, and I go out and run those 3.1 miles. It may not be easy or fast, but I do it and then feel good about doing it, tricking my mind into thinking I'm still a runner.

That is all changing now. I'm hoping that by the end of 2012, I am in good enough shape to begin training for a half marathon, my second one, and that I'll be able to complete it without walking before Ring Dance (end of May of 2013). That is my goal, and I will work for it... so if you bring it up, be encouraging. I love motivation! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment