Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat: Happy Halloween

Today is October 31st, and that means a couple things. First, it means that today is Halloween, although it didn't really feel like it to me. I worked all day, went to the gym, and came home to my normal evening routine. Oh well. Halloween used to be my favorite holiday, but I'm starting to dislike all holidays because they aren't special anymore. Every holiday is mundane to me; they all seem either comparable to everyday life or way too overdone/stressful for my liking. My favorite days now are the ones where I can do something new or go on creative, fun dates with Dan! Maybe one day I will like Halloween again...

Secondly, October 31st means that there are only two months left in the year. That is insane to me. I feel like it was just New Years, and here we are again...

Since I killed the mood, I do want to share a few pictures. The first one is a popcorn hand that one of my kiddos brought me today. She also made muffins a few weeks ago to share with the teachers, and they were great. She's so sweet.


Also, here are a couple throwback Halloween pictures of mine. One is from 1987, the year I was born. I was a skunk for my first Halloween, and I was only three months old... what a weird choice for a costume. I'm sure my parents chose it because I smelled bad... or something like that ;)


This next picture is circa 1990, when I was three years old. I'm not in my actual costume (bat -- I was a weird child, okay?), but I'm wearing a fun little pumpkin shirt and sitting next to a couple adorable kittens. Some things never change... ;) 


That trip down memory lane has been fun. See you in November! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment