Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Better Day

Today was a fresh day, and it wasn't half bad. It was definitely better than yesterday. My kids were calmer, my stress was lower, and I received a nice review from my evaluation yesterday, so that made me smile at the end of my work day. :)

When I got home, I was unsure of what to do. I didn't feel like working on Dan's amazing anniversary present, so I let that be for now (but I better quit stalling; I only have a couple weeks to finish it!). Instead, I got out my foot spa and relaxed, breathing in the eucalyptus smell from the salts I put in, and read a couple chapters of "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks. It was lovely. Then, I painted my toenails a nice purple, full of sparkles! I know that no one will see them since it's February and freezing outside, but having my nails done makes me feel better.

I finally finished my antibiotics last night, but the packet said they would keep working for five more days, so I really hope I start feeling "normal" again soon. I had been experiencing more energy, and I thought I was better... but then the weekend ended, and my exhaustion set in once again. Maybe I am sicker than I thought? Maybe it's not just a sinus infection? I don't know, but I really hope this is not what getting older feels like. I am NOT ready to feel this down and out all the time. It's not fair. I'm only 24, and I HATE feeling tired all the time. What else can I do?!

On a happier note, Dan has a surprise outing for our three year anniversary this weekend. He asked if it would be okay to celebrate on the 11th (instead of the 25th), and of course I said that's fine (but only because I have a different surprise outing planned for him on the night of the 25th, our real anniversary). So, Saturday evening, we will be going somewhere, and I am looking forward to it because I have no doubt that it's amazing. When this man tells me he has a surprise for me, it ALWAYS turns out to be a blast! Last year, he planned an entire WEEKEND celebration for our two year anniversary, which consisted of driving from Colorado Springs to Alamosa, CO early in the morning and taking a train through the snowy, winter wonderland mountains through the La Veta Pass, where we stopped for lunch in a hippie town and had a blast. Then, he took me back to the hotel, which had an indoor water park -- score! Before jumping in the water, though, we found a Mexican BUFFET for dinner. Yes, a buffet of Mexican food. I WAS IN HEAVEN. We had giant margaritas to go with the delicious cuisine, and then we headed back to go down the water-slide over and over. The next day, Dan took me to an alligator/crocodile farm nearby, and I got to hold a baby alligator (named Luna) and see the one who bites off Chubbs' hand in the movie Happy Gilmore! My day was made. It was an amazing weekend, and we had a blast. I'm excited to see what he has in store for this year, though I'm positive it's not as big as last year. We will have fun celebrating our love together no matter what, though, and I'm glad we get to drag the celebration out through the month of February!

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment