Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

I have always loved Superbowl Sunday. Maybe it's because I grew up with parents who loved partying as much as they did watching football. Whatever the case, I love it, and I love inviting people over so I can make yummy food and have a few drinks. Today was no exception. I did just realize that I forgot to take a single picture of people, though. Oops. I'll post a couple pictures of food, though, but only the cupcakes and spicy bean and cheese dip that I made for the first time.

Somehow, 12 people crammed into my apartment living room this afternoon/evening to watch the game. Dan and I were here, obviously, and Emily and Stephen and Ellie and Joe (plus Joe's dad) came over. Then, one of Dan's friends from Denver came down, and four people from Dan's squadron at the Academy came over as well. We had a great time, and the game ended up just like I wanted it to. It was close, but the New York Giants came back for the win at the very end, just like Missouri basketball did last night. It was a great weekend for sports for me, but I really didn't care about the teams playing in the Superbowl; I was just rooting for the Giants since the Patriots always seem to get the glory.

This week is going to be a stressful one at work, but at least I am feeling much better than I had been (thank you, antibiotics) so I will plow through like a champ. I am behind on my online course to obtain my Professional Teaching License in Colorado, though (I only have the initial one, and I'm doing an accelerated program to get my professional), so I need to play a bit of catch-up. Oops.

Anyway, I need to get some sleep because I'm getting observed while teaching in the morning. Here are a couple of pictures from tonight, but they're just of cupcakes and a spicy bean and cheese dip that turned out better than I could have imagined.



For the bean dip, I simply spread out cream cheese on the bottom of the casserole dish. Then, I combined two cans of vegetarian refried beans with a can of Rotel (the tomatoes and green chiles) and spread that out over the cream cheese. I baked that for about 10 minutes in the oven at 350. Then, I added grated pepper jack cheese to the top and put it back in the oven until it melted. After taking it out, I added the chopped green onions. It was divine. 

Until tomorrow,

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment