Thursday, February 2, 2012

Better Than Chocolate?


It's Thursday, and we all know what that means: writing prompt day, yay! :) However, before we get to that, I must say something. 

do NOT, in fact, have lymphoma, which I diagnosed myself with this week thanks to Dr. Google after finding a gigantic, swollen lymph node on my neck. Instead, I have an EXTREMELY bad sinus infection that my body has been trying to fight since OCTOBER because two doctors failed to find it the first time around. (And here I was thinking Colorado just had an exceptionally bad allergy season this fall/winter since it didn't really freeze over). Thanks, lymph node, for scaring the heck out of me this week! Now, this may sound like hell to some of you, but I am oh so happy with this diagnosis. I have been freaking myself out all week, but I only told Dan about it. He made me go to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor. I am so stubborn that I flat out refused, so he called and made an appointment for me that would cost me $50 to cancel. So I had to go. I guess it did work out to be a good thing because I now have a very strong antibiotic to take, and I will hopefully be feeling better soon! I can't believe this has been going on in my body for over three months!

Now for the prompt, which is a simple and fun one: 
What do you love more than chocolate? 

Surprisingly to some, this prompt is easy for me to answer. The answer is obviously CHEESE. It's a strange thing to like more than any other food, I know, and it's even more weird when you learn that I don't like milk or yogurt, and I couldn't care less about ice cream. Cheese is the only dairy product that I like, but oh boy do I like it! I eat cheese on a daily basis. My favorite food is macaroni and cheese. I like the Baby-Bel individually wrapped cheeses for snacks at work. I also take along string cheese when I feel like a change. I melt cheese on top of everything I cook. It's nearly impossible for me to live without. When I go an entire day without any cheese, it makes me wonder how it happened. 

I love cheddar cheese, pepper jack, swiss, Old English, cream cheese, pimento cheese, cheese balls, bleu cheese, feta cheese, goat's milk cheese, asiago, parmesan, mozzarella, American cheese, brie, guyere, paneer cheese, cheese dip, queso, nacho cheese, colby cheese, Meunster, farmer's cheese, squeeze cheese, gouda, Gruyere... the list goes on and on. 

It's a good thing I'm not lactose-intolerant. The ironic part is that I absolutely HATE the taste of milk. I always have. I only drink Rice Dream rice milk, even when I'm cooking with cheese. Whole Foods has the very best cheese samples, and I always sneak at least three. Cheese is my weakness. 

Okay, now that I sound like a crazy person... what do YOU think is better than chocolate? Is there anything that is better than cheese? ;-) 

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment