Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blast From the Past: Summer of 2010

I am excited to finally have time to write another Blast From the Past post! It feels nice to be catching up, but as you can see, I am still about two years behind. I am hoping to be completely caught up by the end of my year-long blogging extravaganza, so we'll see how that goes!

Today, I want to write about the summer of 2010 -- while Dan was in BCT and afterward. He spent the weeks leading up to his third basic training staying with me at my new apartment in Colorado Springs. We spent EVERY MOMENT together, and that's when my female cat, Stormy, developed her love interest in him. She hates when he is gone during the week, and she always stays right by his side when he's over on the weekends. When I came home without Dan after dropping him off to in-process at the Academy, she looked at me like I was the worst person in the world, and then she moped around until finding one of his AB shirts that smelled like him, where she curled up for 24 hours straight. She has been obsessed with him ever since...

Dan and his little baby the night before he left her for BCT! 

We took this picture as one of our last before he left... it was after church one day! :) 

Someone took this for us in Doolittle Hall just before I left... 

While Dan was in BCT, I went exploring in Garden of the Gods... :) 

Right after BCT, we decided to hike up Eagle's Peak on base because Dan couldn't leave USAFA, but we wanted to hang out! 

Right after BCT, we decided to hike up Eagle's Peak on base because Dan couldn't leave USAFA, but we wanted to hang out! 

Right after BCT, we decided to hike up Eagle's Peak on base because Dan couldn't leave USAFA, but we wanted to hang out! 





It was fun hanging out with Dan once he got out of BCT, but I am thankful that he was able to leave the base soon after. The hike up Eagle's Peak was NOT my favorite, but the view sure isn't so bad. :) We have done several hikes I enjoy more since then, but I'm glad I did that one once! 


No comments:

Post a Comment