Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blast From the Past: Dan's USAFA Prep School Graduation

In late May of 2010, just after I graduated from the University of Central Missouri (read about that here!), Dan graduated from the United States Air Force Academy Preparatory School. I drove out to Colorado Springs with my mom for one last trip before I moved, and it was a fabulous week. Dan's family came out too, and it was really nice.

We had dinner at Biaggi's with some of Dan's friends, and we went shopping, to the Manitou Cliff Dwellings, and to the Dinosaur Resource Center in Woodland Park. It was a nice trip, and I enjoyed getting to know the city one last time RIGHT before I moved to Colorado Springs! :)











He received the overall "Top Science Student" award! :) 









I wrote Dan a message in a bottle for his graduation gift! It came in a nice Air Force wine bottle, and there is a neat little Air Force coin that goes with it. I had the box engraved! :)






He loved that gift and even put a full bottle of wine into the box, alone with a note he wrote to himself. He is planning on opening it on his USAFA Graduation night and drinking the wine. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment