Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My New Journey

I have said for a long time that I want to get back in shape. Some people look at me like I'm crazy because they think that's impossible. Others look at me like I'm crazy because they think I already am in shape since I run 5Ks. Personally, I feel completely OUT OF SHAPE, and I have since I graduated from high school.

I've been waiting around just thinking somehow I'm going to change overnight. Well, it hasn't happened, and I have finally hit that point where I don't care what people think anymore. I am just going to do this. I'm going to do it for myself, and that's it. I don't care what anyone thinks of this plan. I don't care if people think I'm only doing it to prepare for my wedding. I simply do not care. I want this to be a lifestyle change. Yes, I am a vegetarian, but I eat a lot of cheese and a lot of pasta. Oh, and don't get me started on dessert. I love dessert, and no, I will not be giving it up. However, I will be limiting the number of days I eat sweets. I can't help it. It's in my genes. ;)

Tomorrow at 4:00 (right after work), I have my very first session with a personal trainer. I am pumped. It's going to be difficult, and I am going to hate it. But I am excited about getting my life back. I am ready. And I will be happy to leave my stress at the gym.

This is how I feel right now. I'm excited!

If you feel like it, please encourage me along the way. If not, whatever. It's no big deal. But do NOT stand in my way. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited for you, Janelle! I'm also trying to get fit (people think I'm crazy because they just see this skinny girl but I've become one of those skinny fat due to lack of exercise and stress eating) so your updates on your blog will be additional motivation for me! :)

    It's always great knowing that you're not alone in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and this is Suzy btw :P my blogger profile isn't the most public one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girl! I'm also glad you told me who you are, haha! We can be in this together. I was in AMZING shape my entire life until college... go figure. I'm taking my life back!

    ReplyDelete