Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday: All Caught Up!

Finally, I am caught up on blog posting -- yay! :)

This morning, Dan and I woke up earlier than we should on a weekend and drove to the Pikes Peak International Raceway (the same place I ran the Color Run a few weeks ago) for the Dirty Dash 4 mile race. The course was different, and there were several obstacles we had to go under (in the mud) or over (with ropes, etc.). I enjoyed it for the most part, but it was definitely much muddier than I expected it to be. Naive? Maybe. But I don't like the feeling of mud in my hands. The rest of my body was just fine to be covered in mud, though. I'm glad I made it through the race, and it was cool to finally have the opportunity to try out the obstacles. I will probably look into races with those again!

Afterward, we went (after a long shower) to the Air Force football game at Falcon Stadium, and that was fun! It wasn't too sunny, and I got to stay with Dan the entire time. Plus, I met up with some amazing friends from the girlfriend group, and I met a few new ones as well! Tonight, we went to Bambino's for dinner, which is always good, and we are looking into it as our wedding rehearsal dinner location. We'll see what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment