Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 16 of 30

Today is another blog challenge day. If you want to learn more about the challenge, click here.

Today's Challenge: 16. What are your five greatest accomplishments? 

In no particular order:

1. Graduating from college with honors. This one is pretty simple. I went to college. I worked hard. I got good grades. (I still had fun). I graduated with a 3.5 GPA from the Honors College.

2. Finding a teaching position. Finding career type jobs after graduating is tough these days, but I have been fortunate enough to find a job each year since college. (Thanks, Dan, for helping me fill out over 100 applications!)

3. Playing football in middle school. This one sounds silly, but it follows my personal belief that if you tell me I can't do something, I'm going to prove you wrong. Why did anyone say I couldn't play football when I was 14? I still don't know; I have always been tough. But someone did, and lo and behold, I thrived at the sport. It was so much fun and one of the best things I've ever done.

4. Completing a half marathon. As a runner for years, I have always struggled. I have never been GOOD by anyone's standards. I don't necessarily enjoy it much, but I love the feeling after completing something I've worked hard for. Running is a passion that I've built up over the years, and running 13.1 miles in a race definitely stands high on my list of achievements.

5. Getting to marry a wonderful man. I guess this isn't too much of a personal accomplishment, but it's something that I am proud of. Knowing that I get to marry my fiancé in just over two years is a dream. He is perfect for me, and I have proven to myself how dedicated and supportive I can be throughout our relationship so far. It's not easy with the military involved, but knowing that we can make it trough the turmoil for each other is an accomplishment in itself!

It's always fun thinking on the positive side! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment