Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 22 of 30

Today's topic takes a lot of thought, and since I have the time this evening, I guess I'll go ahead and answer it. It is day 22 of my 30 day blog challenge (that is really taking over two months to complete -- oops!). To read more about it, CLICK HERE.

Today's Challenge: 22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

Thinking about the future is something I do a lot. I mean on a daily basis. I am a little obsessive compulsive when it deals with planning, and if thinking about the future is good for nothing else, it is great for planning. I'm so happy that my fiancé Dan is a planner too. It's nice knowing I'm not completely crazy.

Anyway, in FIVE years, I will be 29, almost 30, and that scares the daylights out me. I see myself as being married for three years then, and we will probably have a child by then (Amelia, of course, courtesy of Dan), although that scares me even more than the thought of turning 30 -- eek! I will not be teaching at the time because Dan's career in the Air Force will take him away a lot, and I'll want/need to be at home to take care of things. We will have moved at least twice by then, but probably more (assuming he goes to pilot training as planned -- see, we are such planners!). Hopefully we will be living in a house (that we will be renting, unfortunately, because we'll move so much), and we'll have my two cats and a big, long haired male dog named Serengeti (yes, like the region in Africa)!

TEN years from now, I will be 34 and getting old. Yikes. We will have moved several more times, traveled the world, and maybe have a second child (if I can handle the first one). I MAY be back in teaching by then (if I can't handle staying at home all the time), and Dan will be moving up in rank and succeeding quite well in the Air Force. (Man, I should be a fortune teller... we'll see if I'm right!)

In FIFTEEN years, I'll be 39 (OMG), and I have no idea where we'll be. The Air Force will still be moving us around, but Dan will probably be done flying by then because of his old man eyes. I'll be depressed about being so old, and I'll have a pre mid-life crisis, where I will decide to open a bookstore to feel better about myself. Oh, and I hope to still be running races at this point in my life. I NEVER want to get out of shape, and setting goals for this far into the future is a positive thing.

I like when events go according to plan, though, and I know life as a military wife will not always work out that way. All I can say is that I'm working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment