Friday, June 15, 2012

Kidney Stones

Last night, I could't sleep. I didn't know what was wrong, and all of a sudden I felt sharp, shooting pain on the right side of my abdomen. I got out of bed, threw up, and started Googling symptoms. I did NOT want to wake anyone up or go anywhere, so I tried to deal with the pain on my own for about an hour.

Finally, I couldn't take it any longer, so I woke up my mom (and I am so glad I'm at home right now and not all alone in Colorado), and she took me to the emergency room. They hooked me up to an IV, gave me fluids and pain meds, and did a few CT scans. I have a kidney stone. It's only 2mm, so they said I should pass it on my own. It's been almost 24 hours now, and NOTHING has changed. In fact, the pain has intensified, and the Percocet is making me REALLY dizzy and nauseous.

I knew it was only a matter of time, as my mom AND grandma both get kidney stones. I didn't dream it would happen so soon, though. It is the worst pain I have ever felt, and I just want this whole experience to be over with. I hate it. I hate throwing up. I hate being dizzy. I hate feeling so loopy. I hate the pain in my abdomen. Gah.


No comments:

Post a Comment