Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Nice Haircut and a Storm

This morning, I woke up early (7:30, so okay, not THAT early... but for the first week of summer? YES, early) to Skype with Dan. He's been getting up to Skype with me when it's night time here in Colorado, so we flip-flopped this time. It was great seeing his handsome face and talking to him for almost an hour. Tomorrow will mark the halfway point of his trip to China, and I'm so excited to be counting DOWN! Yay!

After that, I cleaned my apartment like crazy because I had all this free time before my hair appointment. I cleaned up random stuff that was laying around, did the dishes, cleaned the counters in the kitchen, cleaned the stove, swept the kitchen floor, mopped the kitchen floor, and vacuumed the carpet. I still have a load of laundry to fold tomorrow, and I need to pack for my trip home to Kansas City. I leave early Friday morning to head there, but aside from an oil change at 8:00AM tomorrow, I have the day free to get everything together.

After cutting my hair, the stylist decided to curl it just because she had the time. I LOVE how it turned out, and I took this picture of myself (to send to Dan) while I was waiting for Ellie at Red Robin. I wish I had the time to do this every day!


After that, I spent a long time with Ellie just talking and catching up. It was a lot of fun, and she will be moving with Joe to Ohio while I'm at home in Missouri, so it'll be a while before I see her again. I'm glad we had the opportunity to hang out beforehand, though! 

This evening, it started storming like crazy in Colorado Springs. It hailed for an hour straight at my apartment complex, and my poor car was right in the thick of it! 


The news broke in to all the shows on TV to share the weather conditions, and apparently this is the worst storm that's happened in YEARS out here... which is kind of disappointing because it still wasn't anything compared to Midwest storms. Oh well. I enjoyed sitting inside with the sliding glass door open. The breeze was wonderful! 

It will be nice to relax tomorrow before my ten hour drive on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment