Well, I am going to start my blog challenge today. I will NOT be posting one of these every day. I will finish when I finish, and I have no idea when that will be. To see what this is all about, click here.
Today's Challenge: 1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
1. I enjoy teaching, but my passion is writing. I would love to be paid to write, and my (not so) secret dream is to be a best-selling author.
2. My favorite book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusack. (Check it out HERE).
3. I am a scrap-booker. I have scrap-booked over 100 pages of my relationship with Dan in just three years. I could probably make one equally as large dedicated to my cats.
4. I love taking pictures, but I am no good at it. I really hope I can take a class or two one day.
5. My favorite color changes on a daily basis. Right now it is yellow.
6. I love the flavor of lemon in anything and everything. If it has lemon in it, I'll eat it. If it smells like lemon, I will buy it to burn (candle) or put on my body (lotion/spray). It's the best.
7. I'm not very good at making decisions. In fact, Dan showed me where he would like to get married, and I said, "okay, this works" for two reasons. 1) It is gorgeous, and 2) I didn't want to make a decision, so I let him do it.
8. Reading on my Nook from Barnes & Noble has made me a lazy reader. I still read just as much as I did before (if not more), but I hate the thought of holding a heavy book in bed now. I never thought I'd see the day...
9. I am slightly obsessed with propaganda. I took a WWII Propaganda course in college, and it was probably the best decision of my life. I wrote a really cool paper comparing the propaganda of the Vietnam War to the War in Iraq, and I'm open to sharing if anyone wants to read it.
10. I love sleeping. I always have. Apparently, I slept through the night on my first day in this world, and unlike most children, always enjoyed napping. Enjoyed? What am I talking about? I still do.
11. My first celebrity crush was on Alex Trebek. Yes, he is the host of Jeopardy. Yes, he also was 22 years ago when I was just two years old, stumbling up to the television to kiss the screen when he came on.
12. I used to LOVE horror movies. Nothing scared me, and they were so much fun to watch. Now, however, I only like them in the daytime and never alone like I used to.
13. When I was in 5th grade, I had two teeth pulled so I could get my braces early. After double the amount of numbing shots, I could still feel everything. Despite my pleas to stop, the dentist claimed I was lying and pulled anyway. I screamed bloody murder and bit his hand. Hard.
14. I am allergic to beeswax. I know this because I cannot use any normal chap-stick. Every time I do, my lips break out in cold sore like sores, and it's not even worth it. Since moving to Colorado with the drier air, my lips have been awful. Luckily, Maybelline just came out with a new chap-stick called Baby Lips, and it is free of beeswax, and it works like a charm. :)
15. Instead of buying gifts that I know Dan will never use, I prefer making him things from scratch. I love being creative while putting things together for him, such as this fishbowl I made for him for our one year anniversary. It's my favorite thing I've made him so far, but I will make a post soon about the fun card book I made him for our three year anniversary.
16. I run quite frequently, but I really don't even like it much. However, I LOVE the confidence it gives me and the way it makes me feel about myself. Plus, I love food so much that I need some kind of cardio activity to make up for all the eating.
17. I am terrified of flying in airplanes. Yes, I am marrying a pilot. I know, I think it's weird too, so don't worry. (I do have a reason, though. My elementary school art teacher was on TWA Flight 800 in July of 1996 that blew up over the Atlantic Ocean. I think of him every single time I have to board a flight.)
18. I have been a vegetarian since April of 2008. I was raised in Kansas City, Missouri, the BBQ capital of the country. For some reason, though, I always pictured the animal while eating a piece of meat, and it was hard for me to get past that. During my childhood, I attempted going vegetarian several times, but it never stuck for some reason. While I was living on my own in college, I realized that I couldn't even THINK about touching raw meat... so I stopped eating it altogether. Now, it has been almost four years, and I couldn't be happier about my decision.
19. I was born on the exact day I was supposed to be. That's right: I've ALWAYS been on time. That's just one more reason to add to the list of why I was voted Miss Punctuality by my high school teachers. I never had a tardy, and I am constantly on my students' cases about being late. I have such a hard time imagining being late somewhere and not caring.
20. I once won $188 on a penny slot that I had paid one cent into at Ameristar Casino in Kansas City. That was nice, but I've never had the same luck since.
Phew! I think you all know PLENTY about me now! :)