Friday, March 23, 2012

Job Fair

Today, I took a day off of work and headed to a teacher job fair. It was my first one, and I didn't know what to expect. I was nervous last night. As I prepared everything I needed, I drank a couple glasses of wine to calm myself down. I woke up four times in the middle of the night because I was nervous. I have no idea why, but I was.

I  got there this morning and was completely overwhelmed by the crowd. There were HUNDREDS of teacher applicants at this fair, and the space was not exactly huge. I didn't know what else to do to distinguish myself from others than to throw myself at them. I was outgoing, bubbly, friendly, all smiles, and ended up landing SEVEN interviews. Yes, seven. I overheard many people complaining that they only got one or two, so I'd say I did pretty well.

I had all of those interviews today, and most of them went really well. There's one I don't feel so great about, but there are three I'm REALLY hoping for. We'll see what happens, and I will update as I find out.

In other news, it is officially spring break, and I picked Dan up from the Academy at about 4:40 this afternoon. We came back o my apartment and grilled dinner. Then, we watched Drop Dead Fred (because Dan had never seen it -- what?!) and ate ice cream. Now, it is 8:45, and we are seriously considering going to bed. Yes, we are THAT old couple. Oh well. Sleep will be nice after an exhausting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment