Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Trip to the Vet

Today I took both of my cats to the vet for the first time in a long time (since moving to Colorado -- oops!). They are strictly indoor cats, though, so I never worried about them catching anything from the outside world. However, it was time, so they are now up to date (minus the booster they need in three weeks for one of the shots). It feels good to have that all over with, and they were both champs!

Gilligan is now 4 years and 11 months old, and he weighs 13 pounds. He's my big boy, but he's all love. Stormy is now 5 years and 1 month old, and she weighs just 7.1 pounds. While she's tiny, she is feisty!

Stormy tried her very hardest to claw and bite the veterinarian, but she (the vet) must be a ninja because she somehow survived unscathed. I was impressed to say the least, especially after what happened to my arm the last time I tried trimming her nails. Gilligan was a love-bug, like always, and he sat there patiently without moving a muscle the entire time he was being poked and prodded.

I know I probably sound crazy, but these are my babies. I am so happy to have them in my life, and when they behaved so well for our outing today, I was amazed. They were rewarded with a nice a nice (yummy) treat, along with a couple new toys, when we got home. They gobbled up their tuna, shrimp, and chicken, and they're now lounging around like always.


Tonight, I am heading to Cripple Creek with Dan. We bought a few deals from The Gazette last fall, so we have a free night with a voucher for dinner and another one for breakfast. We love that little town, and I'm sure tonight will be a blast! I will update tomorrow...

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment