Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

I will find out this Friday if I am able to keep my job at my current school. Well, I should know Friday, but I am taking the day off for a Teaching Job Fair because I can't be too sure. I want to cover my bases, so I am taking the day off (and losing a day of pay since it's the day before a school break) and heading to a local high school to meet with quite a few districts. I am nervous because I have never been to a job fair. I didn't go to any in college because I knew I was moving to Colorado... so I found it pointless to go to a job fair for teaching jobs in Missouri. Now that I need to go to one, I feel weird. I have all of my documents ready to go and my skirt suit waiting for me. I'll update about how it goes after it's over.

Luckily, as soon as the job fair is over on Friday, I am able to pick up Dan from the Academy, and we will both be on spring break for an entire week! I hope that I am able to enjoy break without stressing over TOO many job applications. I won't complain, though; at least there are a few open positions to apply for.

In other news, track is going well. I'm so happy to be coaching a great group of kids. The REAL practices start after spring break, and the first meet is only one week later! Wow! Time flies. I can't believe it's already the second half of March. It's unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment