Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 3 of 30

Today is day 3 of 30! I know you're excited! :) To see what this is all about, read this post.

Today's Challenge: 3.  Describe your relationship with your parents.

This is a complicated question. My father is no longer living, so I will write about my relationship with him when he WAS alive, and it's been a while (just over six years).

I'll start with my dad since I already brought him up. He unfortunately passed away when I was 18, but up until that point, I had a fairly good relationship with him for most of my life. Yes, we argued a lot, but I was in high school. That was normal. I was also Daddy's Little Girl, though, and we had a special bond. I looked like him, and I acted like him. We got along for the most part, and we hung out quite a bit while I was growing up. We used to go running together, and we talked a lot. I don't know how else I can describe our relationship, so I'll stop now.

My relationship with my mom has improved a lot since I moved to Colorado. I know that's weird, and most of you are probably wondering how that is. Well, we don't necessarily get along all the time, especially when we were living under the same roof. Being away at college helped that, but we still saw each other so often (most weekends) that it was almost like I was still there sometimes. Don't get me wrong -- we have great conversations -- we just never got along as well as my dad and me. However, now that I am an adult and live 650 miles away from her, we talk on the phone each weekend and have good conversations. Maybe it's the fact that I'm 24 or maybe it's because we rarely see each other (a couple times a year)... I don't know. But whatever it is, I'm glad that our relationship has improved. What we bond over is shopping and food. What's not to love about appetizers and drinks, followed by shopping for deals? NOTHING. 

This is not my best blog post, and I feel like it's a really weird one for this challenge. I have been thinking about writing this one since Saturday, but I put it off because I didn't like the prompt. I knew I had to suck it up eventually and write this out, so here it is. Number 4 will be much better, I promise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment