Friday, March 16, 2012

Relaxing Friday Night

Today is Friday, and for that I am thankful. It was so much easier getting out of bed this morning knowing that it was my last work day of the week. Although I would love to hang out with Dan tonight (especially since he was out of town all last weekend), I am REALLY enjoying the relaxation I am getting tonight. It's so great to hang out with myself (I know that sounds weird, but I do love alone time).

After I got home from work, I compiled a small list of items I wanted (definitely didn't need them) from the store. I went to King Soopers and picked up the stuff to make homemade lemon cookies, and they are baking right now. My apartment smells WONDERFUL to say the least. :)

Along with those ingredients, I went to the liquor store to pick up a bottle of my favorite cheap wine (you can't buy alcohol anywhere but liquor stores in Colorado... yes, I agree... it's stupid), and when I got in there, I saw that they have a new kind, so I bought two bottles so I could try the new one too. I love Sutter Home Moscato, and tonight I found their new Pink Moscato, and I am getting ready to pour a glass to enjoy while I watch wedding shows on TLC.

I plan on going to bed by 10:00 and reading for a bit. I need to finish Lone Wolf before my mom gets out here so she can take it with her to read. Tomorrow, I will try to be more productive until I pick Dan up after he finished helping the four degrees go through Recognition at the Academy. I can't believe it's been an entire year since he was recognized himself! I'm so happy we're counting our way DOWN now... it's been a long road, but it will be well worth it in the end. <3 On Sunday, we're meeting a friend in Denver for lunch, and I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment