Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 12 of 30

Once again, it is time to answer a challenge prompt. This one is simple, so I definitely have time for it tonight. If you'd like to read more about the 30 Day Blog Challenge, CLICK HERE to read more. It's been fun so far, and I am not even half way finished!

Today's Challenge: 12. Describe a typical day in your current lift. 

Most of you will probably be bored with this, so I apologize in advance.

6:20AM: I wake up, take my allergy pills, brush my teeth, get dressed, put on my make-up, make my smoothie for breakfast, pack my teacher bag for the day, and check Facebook.

6:50AM: I leave my apartment in Colorado Springs and head to Pueblo; it's about a 45 minute drive.

7:35AM: I pull in to the parking lot at the school I teach at. I prep my boards, make copies I need for the day, eat/drink my smoothie, and relax in the peace and quiet before the sixth graders barge in.

8:30AM: School starts. However, I have plan first period, so my prep time lasts until 9:17.

9:17AM: I head to my PLC (Professional Learning Community) meeting with my fabulous teammates.

10:06AM: Third period begins, and I welcome my students. They stay through fourth period because I teach block classes. I teach them reading and writing.

11:45AM: LUNCH!!! (aka my only break during the day)

12:15PM: Fifth period begins. They stay through sixth period. I teach them reading and writing.

2:06PM: Seventh period begins. They stay through eight period and then go home. I teach them reading and writing.

3:45PM: FREEDOM! I chill for five minutes before heading out.

3:50PM: I change my clothes and walk to the gym to begin track practice. We head outside to run after that.

5:15PM: Track is over, so I drive the 45 minutes home.

6:00PM: I go for my run. I run outside if it is nice, on the treadmill if it isn't.

7:00PM: I start dinner, and shower while it cooks (I love multi-tasking, although Dan tells me it's impossible. What does he know? He's never been a tired, hungry woman!)

7:30PM: I eat dinner, play on my MacBook Pro, watch TV mindlessly, grade papers, enter said grades, reply to important e-mails, etc. It's basically "do whatever you want" time where I play on Facebook and blog instead of doing the work I actually wrote about. ;-)

9:30PM: I brush my teeth, wash my face, lay out my clothes for the following day, rinse my sinuses (yay!), and grab my Nook. I lay in bed reading for about a half hour each night.

10:00PM: I call Dan, or he calls me... whichever happens first. We talk for approximately two to five minutes each night, and then I hang up the phone, turn off the lights, and make myself comfortable for a wonderful night of sleep... until the alarm clock goes off at 6:20AM again!

Have a good one! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment