Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 13 of 30

Today is Day 13 of 30 in my 30 Day Blog Challenge. Sound like something you'd like to do? CLICK HERE to learn more about it! :)

Today's Challenge: 13: Describe 5 weaknesses you have.

Easy peasy. I'm very confident, but I am also a perfectionist; thus, I am very good at pointing out my flaws simply because they irritate me so much. In no particular order, my top five weaknesses are:

1. I talk too much. I've been told that my entire life. People don't like it. I can understand why, but I just have so much to say. I'm not one who enjoys hearing my own voice, though. In fact, I don't even LIKE my own voice. It's just that I always have something to say no matter where I am. It's difficult to keep me quiet for five minutes. I apologize to anyone who has been a victim of this.

2. I'm a people pleaser. While this doesn't sound bad on the outside (and really it isn't to the people around me), it always leaves me feeling like I don't value MYSELF first. If I want something but someone around me wants something else, I cave (unless your name is Dan, in which case I make puppy dog eyes until I get my own way). I always want others to be happy, which again is not a problem in itself. I just wish that sometimes I had the nerve to stand up for what I want instead of giving in.

3. I'm too concerned with time. Fact: I was born on my due date. I've always been punctual. I was even voted Miss Punctuality of my high school by the TEACHERS. I never received a tardy in all of my years of school. I own at least four different watches, and I'm constantly checking the time everywhere I go. It's not that I am always in a hurry or that I always have somewhere I need to be. I can't help it. I have no idea where I inherited this from, but it makes me mad when people are late because I am ALWAYS left waiting for them. The rest of society just isn't on the same page.

4. I try to rush the present time. I know my life is great right now. I'm enjoying it, and I love where I live. It's just that I can't wait for Dan's time at the Air Force Academy to be over with so we can finally get married. By that point, we will have been together for over five years, which is far too long to wait, but we have no choice. I want to start OUR life together... you know, get married, move away, the whole nine yards. I know it'll be here before we know it, but waiting around isn't any fun either. I do enjoy life, and I always try to make the most of it.

5. I don't adapt well to change. This will be a fun thing to overcome in the future. Dan and I will be moving... a lot. We'll be meeting new people and making new friends frequently. My job will change. I like routine, and change is not a part of that. It's something I am looking forward to, though, so here's to hoping that I'll adapt quickly, as all military wives need to be able to.

Gosh. What a downer kind of post. Oh well. The next one is the exact opposite, so it won't be as bad! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment