Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 26 of 30

I am going to attempt to finish out the 30 Day Blog Challenge by the end of next week. That wouldn't be a difficult task if I did not have a couple fun posts planned for this weekend and about six book reviews to catch up on as well. Oops. I will get to them all eventually, I promise... but for today, I'll be answering prompt 26 from the 30 Day Blog Challenge!

Today's Challenge: 26. What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?

This is one I had to think about for a few minutes, not because I didn't already know what I wanted to write about but because I couldn't think of just how I wanted to word it.

Is love important? Do we all deserve to be with the person we love no matter what the circumstances are? I believe that yes, we do. Does the rest of the world? No, not everyone. Thankfully, most of my friends agree with me. While I know many people think marriage is only for straight couples, I beg to differ. What if two men or two women are in love? What if they truly want to spend the rest of their lives together, just like my fiancé and I do? Who is to stop them? Why should I or anyone else tell them that they can't? Just because it's not okay in history? Just because people didn't used to be okay with it? Well, basing everything on history is IGNORANCE. If we did that, society would NEVER improve, never grow...

I have too many friends who are wonderful people but just happen to be attracted to the same sex. Is there anything wrong with them? No, not at all. They are people too, just like you and me. They deserve to be happy, no matter what. Even if you don't agree with their lifestyle for whatever reason (religion, personal belief, etc.), are their decisions really affecting you in any way? Does it hurt YOUR marriage or your relationship to see them together?

Just something to ponder...




No comments:

Post a Comment