Sunday, July 8, 2012

Serenity Springs Wildlife Center

Today, Dan surprised me with a trip out to Calhan, Colorado, about 45 minutes away from where we live in Colorado Springs. When we got to our destination and I saw the sign for a big cat sanctuary, I almost peed my pants! I was SO excited, and after the tour, I justified that excitement! It was SO much fun and completely well worth it. My fiancé loves me so much, and he is the absolute BEST at gift giving and surprises! I am so thankful to call him my hubby-to-be! :)

We saw all kinds of big cats, and there were some other animals that the crew has rescued as well. It's a wonderful organization, and you can read about them by CLICKING HERE. They are a non-profit, and they take GREAT care of their animals... and they even saved most of the animals from unfortunate situations, so I am COMPLETELY happy with them. :)

At the very end of the tour, Dan and I had the opportunity to hold a baby tiger! This tiger's name is Waldo (after the recent Waldo Canyon Fire), and he was the cuddliest, furriest, sweetest little guy EVER! I didn't want to put him down, even though he was extremely squirmy. This was honestly one of the best days of my life.

Pictures? Did we take pictures? Is that even a question? Ha! We took over 250, but here are just a few for your viewing pleasure. If you'd like to see more, visit the album: "A Roarin', Purr-fect Day!" on my Facebook Timeline.



















... and the grand finalé picture:


Well, I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I wish I were a better photographer, but hopefully the images capture my excitement at least! 



No comments:

Post a Comment